General Service Technician
General Service Technician
Action Auto Services, Inc. has job openings available for a General Service Technician! We're looking for honest, dedicated, customer-service oriented people to join our team at Palatine, IL.
The General Service Technician is an entry-level position that is responsible for providing general services for vehicle maintenance and repair, such as oil changes and tire rotations. You will also be under the guidance of an experienced automotive technician that will assist you. General Service Technicians are responsible not only for the service we provide, but also Action Auto Services, Inc.'s reputation as a trustworthy and dependable auto shop. Because of this, a successful general service technician will need to have some experience in automotive repair, but also be a quick-learner who has the ability to receive instructions and follow our shop's procedures. Paying strong attention to detail and being dedicated to honesty, and fairness is important.
General Service Technicians are Responsible for:
- Performing general automotive maintenance and repair services across many makes and models
- Completing all work orders correctly and accurately
- Maintaining accurate and organized notes and paperwork on all jobs
- Practicing safe work principles
- Shop housekeeping, i.e. keep work area clean, safe and organized
- Maintain positive customer relationships
Applicants are required to be:
- At least 18 years old
- Recipients of a high school diploma or GED
- In possession of a valid driver's license
- Familiar with multiple makes and models of vehicles
- Dependable, honest and organized
- Available to work weekends and some holidays
- Ability to receive instruction and to follow procedures
- Some or limited training in automotive repair, and committed to keeping up-to-date on automotive knowledge
- Some experience in vehicle maintenance, including the use of tools
Click here to submit your application for this position.
Abel Almodovar, 07/26/2021
I had an appointment at another shop that was a installer for tires that I had purchased at Tire Rack (Pep Boys Palatine). When I got there at my scheduled appointment time they told me it would be at least a two hour wait before they got to my car. I asked what was the purpose of making an appointment then? I then asked how much additional fees would be for installing my tires as their fee was advertised as $78. I realized that my car had tire pressure sensors and it was a good idea to replace them while the tires were off the rims. I had priced what Tire pressure sensors for my car would cost before I got to their shop. The price varied from different sources but the range was from $30 to $80 each. I figured on the high end as I was a new customer to them. So in my mind $80 X 4 = $320 + $78 install = $398 + tax $40 Total around $438. They said $548!!! I said what is the extra $110 for. Pep Boys says to program the sensors. At this point I was furious, so I said forget it I'll take my tires somewhere else. I went down the street to Action Auto where the owner Ira, listened to my story and took my car in without an appointment. They then removed my tires and tire pressure sensors and mounted my new tires with new tire pressure sensors, balanced the tires and reprogrammed the tire sensors to be compatible with my cars system. They even checked and doubled checked that all four tire sensors were showing the correct tire pressures. The cost for all these services with tax out the door $318. $318 vs. Pep Boys $548 not to mention them telling me I would have to wait at least two hours before they could get to my scheduled appointment, I guess I made the right decision plus I saved $230! Thanks Ira, Jose and Mike!!!!!!!
Fast, quality service on my truck. Very welcoming, very clean shop. They asked questions, and suggested things to watch, and helpful on items coming up. Out in 20 minutes as promised!
D Lane, 02/03/2016